Move over HOV lanes, Toronto-based social enterprises are the next big news related to the Toronto Pan Am/Parapan Am Games 2015Read More ›
Access Development Manager Job Posting
ACCESS Community Capital Fund
The ACCESS Community Capital Fund (ACCESS) assists small and emerging businesses gain access to financing when it is not available through conventional sources. ACCESS is a Canadian registered charity that operates a community loan fund through the provision of loan guarantees. The fund was created by investments from socially minded individuals, organizations and businesses. ACCESS has developed strong community partnerships and is seeking to expand its mandate across the greater Toronto area. For additional information please visit us at www.accessccf.com
Reporting to the volunteer Board of Directors of ACCESS, the Development Manager is responsible for expanding the geographic scope of ACCESS and the volume of community-based lending through the development of chapters in Toronto. The position will work closely with the key stakeholders of ACCESS, including community organizations and related agencies, fund investors and the committed team of ACCESS volunteers. Actively involved in all aspects of the daily operations of ACCESS, the Development Manager will be integral to delivering upon ACCESS’ key strategic goals in the area of microfinance.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• To identify, develop and establish new chapters of ACCESS that are focused on providing microloans to promising entrepreneurs in their local communities. The position will guide the chapter in implementing community-based lending in accordance with ACCESS’ loan review criteria and other practices.
• To manage the key operational aspects of the community loan fund and to champion its key strategic initiatives.
• To promote the sustainability of the community loan fund through the increased provision of microloans, strengthening ACCESS’ investor base, and engaging in fundraising activities, as well as other charitable activities targeted at new and existing individual and institutional donors.
• To support the Board’s outreach program for identifying, developing and nurturing key partnerships with community organizations and other potential partners, including those focused on business mentoring and other related services.
• To assist in coordinating ACCESS’ dedicated volunteer base to staff its loan review committees, as well as promote their engagement in community partnership and other activities related to social finance.
• To provide assistance and support in relation to the ACCESS Board of Directors and its related committees, as well as reporting as required to external stakeholders.
Qualifications and Attributes
• University graduate;
• 3 years business development experience (or equivalent) or 6 years senior business experience which included responsibility for building and maintaining customer relationships;
• Experience in evaluating credit applications or alternatively in financial analysis;
• Experience either as a volunteer chair, board member or staff in a not-for-profit organization working for at-risk communities;
• Excellent oral and written English communication skills and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrable experience in fundraising and event planning;
• Multiple languages.
Contract position with compensation commensurate with experience and comparable with the compensation offered in a non-profit organization.
We recognize the value of diversity in our communities and interested candidates should send a letter of interest, their resumes and three references by email in Word or pdf format to: email@example.com.
We thank you for your interest in ACCESS. Only those applicants being considered will be contacted. Interviews will commence on January 11 and we will accept applications until the position is filled. Please distribute this posting to eligible candidates in your network.