To help explore the mysteries of Social Return on Investment, we talked to Wendy Gibbs of Inspire2Enterprise. There are many preconceptions about Social Return on Investment (SROI) that make it off-putting. For many smaller organisations for example, it may be the amount of time required by a member of staff to gather and analyse the […]Read More ›
Job Opportunity: Social Venture Exchange Project Coordinator
The Social Venture Exchange (SVX) project is an initiative of the Ontario Association of Food Banks (OAFB), the TSX (an entity of TMX Group Inc.) and Social Innovation Generation (SiG) at MaRS. The goal of the project is to develop and pilot a social venture exchange that will provide a platform to assess and attract sustainable financing for ventures with a social mission, from enterprising non-profits to for-profit social businesses.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Social Venture Exchange Project Coordinator is responsible for coordinating activities related to the feasibility study for the project, with a focus on research, stakeholder engagement, and project administration.
The Project Coordinator is responsible for the following organizational activities and deliverables:
- coordinate research activities focusing on the profiling of potential social ventures and investors on the social venture exchange;
- conduct research to examine social impact metrics, potential revenue sources, and other exchange models around the world;
- assist with the compilation of collected research into a full feasibility study for the social venture exchange project.
- assist with the planning of a stakeholder engagement conference to obtain feedback on the social venture exchange project;
- educate the public and stakeholders on the project by maintaining the social venture exchange website; and
- Set-up meetings of the project leadership group and Steering Committee.
- project coordination skills;
- research and inquiry skills;
- excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- relationship management skills;
- basic computer skills (MS Office);
- entrepreneurial and creative;
- dynamic personality;
- ability to work independently; and
- ability to multitask.
HOW TO APPLY
If you have a passion for social justice, a proven track record in fundraising, and are excited to work as a part of a creative team, please send your resume, in confidence, stating salary expectations by January 22nd, 2010 at noon via e-mail to Adam Spence at email@example.com. Please address all correspondence to:
Adam Spence, Co-Chair
Social Venture Exchange (SVX) Project
555 Bloor Street West, 2nd Floor
Toronto, ON M5S 1Y6
Thank you to all applicants for your interest in this position. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.