Toronto Community Foundation is now accepting applications for its 2015 Vital People grants, supporting innovators in charity & non-profitRead More ›
Job Posting: Coordinator, SocialFinance.ca
This coordinator will be responsible for the overall management of the socialfinance.ca website. Key activities will include website management, content sourcing and management, partnerships, outreach and general website sustainability. In addition to the site-related tasks, this person will also have responsibilities associated with supporting the work of Social Innovation Generation more broadly to advance social finance in Canada. This could include conducting social finance research to monitor trends, supporting social finance events, and producing communications that may be used outside of socialfinance.ca around the broader topics featured.
- Launched October 2008
- On Google search ranked #1 for “social finance” in Canada and internationally
- Recognized as Canada’s leading site on social finance, with 35+ contributors from across the country
As a growing field in Canada, social finance requires an integrated online presence to connect constituents who are building this field, and to engage those who are keen to learn and contribute to its growth. Socialfinance.ca is a network of investors, enterprises, and enablers that are actively engaged in the area of social finance. It is a discussion forum, networking hub and knowledge base for individuals and organizations interested in building the Canadian social finance space.
Socialfinance.ca has three objectives:
- to connect people and organizations across Canada to stay informed of changing government policy, advocacy initiatives, conferences and working groups;
- to engage potential investors, entrepreneurs, and enablers in open discussion through the site blog; and
- to inform readers of existing opportunities and challenges in building the Canadian marketplace while spotlighting international trends and developments.
CAUSEWAY is a national collaboration hosted at MaRS Discovery District in Toronto and incubated by Social Innovation Generation (SiG). The programs goal is to fast-track Canada’s adoption of social finance, ensuring there is a healthy social finance marketplace supported by mainstream financial institutions serving a national constituency of social enterprises, social economy entities, community economic development institutions, cooperatives and the enterprising nonprofit sector. Socialfinance.ca is one initiative that the program supports to build the knowledge about social finance nationally.
Ideal Candidate Profile
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong written communication skills: the ability to distill information and create clear and concise material for a variety of stakeholders
- Website management/online experience: general website management capabilities, experience with online communication, social media tools, blog engagement strategies
- Good Relationship-builder: solid networking and partnership development skills
- Project Management experience: demonstrated organization and project management experience
- Adaptable: this role requires someone with the flexibility to work on a variety of different tasks
Detailed Roles and Responsibilities
- lead the execution of social finance communication strategy using socialfinance.ca as platform
- socialfinance.ca knowledge manager responsible for the collection, management, and dissemination of content (papers, blogs, blog series, events, opportunities)
- socialfinance.ca administrator responsible for the back-end of website (posting blogs, quality control, website functionality, design enhancement initiatives)
- manage work stream leads and other volunteers to carry-out activities of socialfinance.ca business plan
- support the development of socialfinance.ca sustainability plan and partnership/sponsor agreements
- develop an evaluation framework for socialfinance.ca to demonstrate website reach and impact
- support the development of research documents and policy briefs in the area of social finance
- contribute to the execution of the social finance communication strategy
Terms and Details
- The position will be based at MaRS Discovery District and will report to the Causeway Program Coordinator, Adam Jagelewski, working closely with the Social Innovation Generation Program Manager, Robin Cory. This position will also work closely with the socialfinance.ca Steering and Advisory Groups.
- Competitive salary offered. Position includes 2 weeks vacation benefits.
- Please submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Position closes April 23rd. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Recommended for you
Sara Krynitzki Program Officer, Toronto Community FoundationSara Krynitzki Program Officer, Toronto Community Foundation
Amanda Minuk Co-Founder and CEO, B Meaningful
Looking to have a career in social finance but wondering how to get that first social finance job?Read More ›
Jared Walker Managing Editor, SocialFinance.ca
Purpose Capital is now hiring a Senior Consultant!Read More ›