Social Venture Exchange Launches Social Finance Fellowship
Are you a highly motivated individual that is interested in working on the cutting edge of social finance with eminent institutions including MaRS, the TMX Group Inc., the Government of Ontario, Social Innovation Generation (SiG), and global leaders in social finance?
The Social Venture Exchange (SVX) is introducing a new Social Finance Fellowship program open to current graduate and undergraduate students, as well as working and retired professionals, to support venture and fund analysis for the pilot phase of our exciting project in 2011. This may be your opportunity to use your skills to help local ventures tackle wicked social and environmental problems and to support the development of social finance in Canada.
Purpose of Position
The Social Finance Fellows are primarily responsible for conducting blended value analysis (social, environmental and financial) on potential listed social ventures and impact funds for the Social Venture Exchange (SVX) initiative.
The Research Fellows are responsible for the following activities and deliverables:
- conducting financial and social-environmental impact due diligence on at least five (5) listing prospects, including impact funds and social ventures (non-profits);
- guiding ventures and impact funds through the listings process; and
- providing support to affiliated projects and programs in social finance, including blog posts for SocialFinance.ca and research support for Causeway Social Finance.
- excellent writing and research skills;
- relevant experience or education in finance;
- work experience in financial analysis an asset;
- ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- ability to multitask; and
- a passion for social and environmental justice.
This is a four (4) month volunteer internship position from February to June 2011. This is a part-time position (15 – 20 hours per week). Arrangements can be made for a full-time placement based on the interests and ability of the successful candidates. There are two (2) Research Fellowship positions available. The position is open to current undergraduate and graduate students, as well as working and retired professionals. However, candidates cannot complete their work solely during evenings and weekends. Given the nature of the work, the Research Fellows must be able to work at least a portion of the time during the day. Please email if you have specific questions about the terms.
How to Apply
If you have a passion for social finance, experience that aligns with the responsibilities and qualifications, and you are excited to work as a part of a creative team, please send your resume with a cover letter to us byMonday, January 31st at noon via e-mail to email@example.com. Please address all correspondence to:
Adam Spence, Manager, Special Projects
Social Innovation Generation (SiG) at MaRS
101 College Street, Suite 145
Toronto, ON M5G 1L7
Thank you to all applicants for your interest in this position. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Adam via email.
You can download a complete copy of the posting through the SVX website.