How better data in the fisheries industry can help address a broad swath of systemic challengesRead More ›
TweetChat: Social Finance and the Federal Election
Throughout the past few weeks, many issues have been discussed on the election campaign trail – health care, support for the elderly, corporate taxes, and more. Government spending has certainly been a talking point as well. Unfortunately, social entrepreneurship and social finance have been missing from the conversation.
Please join our TweetChat below, starting at 2:00 PM ET (11:00 AM PT). You can also participate through Twitter, using the hashtag #sofinance. The conversation will be underway for an hour, covering the following agenda:
- Framing: How can/should public policy activate our social finance and social entrepreneurship agenda?
- Platform Review: Where do each of the parties sit on social finance?
- Potential: What is the likelihood of our recommendations/proposals being adopted by government?
- Policy Impact: How can the social finance community activate to create a policy impact?
- Engagement: How can we engage the parties and public to get this into the debate or government agenda?
We look forward to seeing your ideas and thoughts about how financing social entrepreneurship can become part of the national political agenda!
Recommended for you
Cheryl Dahle Founder, Future of FishCheryl Dahle Founder, Future of Fish
Bob Willard Speaker & Author of Resources for Sustainability Champions
Why corporations paying their fair share of taxes would be the most effective CSR strategy to dateRead More ›Bob Willard Speaker & Author of Resources for Sustainability Champions
Carlos Pinto Lobo Chief Compliance Officer, SVX
The Canadian securities landscape radically shifted when seven regulators published requests for comments for two versions of equity crowdfunding models.Read More ›