Looking to have a career in social finance but wondering how to get that first social finance job?Read More ›
TweetChat: Social Finance and the Federal Election
Throughout the past few weeks, many issues have been discussed on the election campaign trail – health care, support for the elderly, corporate taxes, and more. Government spending has certainly been a talking point as well. Unfortunately, social entrepreneurship and social finance have been missing from the conversation.
Please join our TweetChat below, starting at 2:00 PM ET (11:00 AM PT). You can also participate through Twitter, using the hashtag #sofinance. The conversation will be underway for an hour, covering the following agenda:
- Framing: How can/should public policy activate our social finance and social entrepreneurship agenda?
- Platform Review: Where do each of the parties sit on social finance?
- Potential: What is the likelihood of our recommendations/proposals being adopted by government?
- Policy Impact: How can the social finance community activate to create a policy impact?
- Engagement: How can we engage the parties and public to get this into the debate or government agenda?
We look forward to seeing your ideas and thoughts about how financing social entrepreneurship can become part of the national political agenda!
Recommended for you
Amanda Minuk Co-Founder and CEO, B Meaningful
Jared Walker Managing Editor, SocialFinance.ca
Engaged Content Streams Delivered by Industry Leaders Will Form the Backbone of the 2014 Social Finance ForumRead More ›
James Perry CEO, Panahpur Foundation
The results of the world’s first ever social impact bond were announced last week. So what’s the verdict?Read More ›James Perry CEO, Panahpur Foundation