7 nominees. 6 judges. 1000 votes.Read More ›
TweetChat: Social Finance and the Federal Election
Throughout the past few weeks, many issues have been discussed on the election campaign trail – health care, support for the elderly, corporate taxes, and more. Government spending has certainly been a talking point as well. Unfortunately, social entrepreneurship and social finance have been missing from the conversation.
Please join our TweetChat below, starting at 2:00 PM ET (11:00 AM PT). You can also participate through Twitter, using the hashtag #sofinance. The conversation will be underway for an hour, covering the following agenda:
- Framing: How can/should public policy activate our social finance and social entrepreneurship agenda?
- Platform Review: Where do each of the parties sit on social finance?
- Potential: What is the likelihood of our recommendations/proposals being adopted by government?
- Policy Impact: How can the social finance community activate to create a policy impact?
- Engagement: How can we engage the parties and public to get this into the debate or government agenda?
We look forward to seeing your ideas and thoughts about how financing social entrepreneurship can become part of the national political agenda!
Recommended for you
Jared Walker Managing Editor, SocialFinance.ca
Gina Leslie Manager: Entrepreneurship & Innovation Series, MaRS Discovery District
How do social enterprises leverage social impact in investor meetings, the Canadian brand internationally, and resources around them during the hard days?Read More ›Gina Leslie Manager: Entrepreneurship & Innovation Series, MaRS Discovery District
Tristina Sinopoli Associate, MaRS Centre for Impact Investing
From combatting iron deficiency to increasing economic inclusion, the impact of SVX ventures is boundless. Here’s a snapshot of that global impact!Read More ›Tristina Sinopoli Associate, MaRS Centre for Impact Investing