Today, the Ian Martin Group is announcing its re-certification as a B Corp (‘B’ stands for Benefit). This letter is to share with you the practical business benefits of “Being a B” – and to encourage you to B one too.Read More ›
Job Posting: Manager, B Corporation and Social Impact Metrics, SiG @ MaRS
Social Innovation Generation (SiG) @ MaRS is hiring a manager to drive forward B corporation business development and impact metrics activities. Based out of the prestigious MaRS centre in Toronto, the Manager for B Corporations and Impact Measurement will support the development of the B Corporation community in Ontario, coordinate a Social Impact Metrics Advisory Group at MaRS, provide thought leadership and training on social impact measurement, and act as an in-house resource to support the work of the social innovation practice at MaRS. This role requires experience and ability in business and partnership development, interest in working with ventures with a double or triple bottom line focus, and relevant experience in metrics and measurement, especially in the social venture sector.
MaRS is where science, technology and social entrepreneurs get the help they need. Where all kinds of people meet to spark new ideas. And where a global reputation for innovation is being earned, one success story at a time. For more information, please visit www.marsdd.com.
Social Innovation Generation (SiG) is a group who believes that serious social problems can be solved. SiG is a collaborative initiative seeking to address Canada’s social and ecological challenges by creating a culture of continuous social innovation. Our focus is on fostering social innovation to achieve impact, durability and scale by engaging the creativity and resources of all sectors. For more information, please visit www.sigeneration.ca.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Manager, B Corporation and Social Impact Metrics will manage B Corporation business development and impact metrics activities at Social Innovation Generation (SiG) at MaRS.
This position is based at MaRS in Toronto. There will be travel throughout the province, as well as visits to global conferences on an infrequent basis.
The Manager, Impact Measurement is responsible for the following activities and deliverables:
- provide strategic advice on B Corporation business development and social impact metrics activities at SiG@MaRS;
- support the development of the B Corporation community in Ontario through strategic outreach and individual engagement with triple bottom line businesses;
- attract new service partners for the B Corporation community in Canada;
- coordinate a Social Impact Metrics Advisory Group at MaRS comprised of local partners engaged in social impact metrics activities;
- provide thought leadership on social impact measurement through presentations and blog posts to the local and global community;
- provide training on impact measurement systems to ventures and MaRS team members in order to improve understanding and foster adoption;
- act as a global connector to impact measurement systems and organizations, including IRIS at the Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN), the Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs (ANDE), B Lab, and the Global Impact Investing Rating System (GIIRS);
- provide targeted support on social impact metrics to social ventures receiving advisory services through the social innovation practice at MaRS; and
- act as in house resource to develop internal metrics to assess and improve the impact of the social innovation practice at MaRS.
- experience and ability in business and partnership development;
- interest and experience in working with ventures with a double or triple bottom line focus;
- excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- interpersonal skills;
- relevant experience or education in metrics and measurement and/or the social venture sector;
- ability to work independently and in a team environment; and
- ability to multitask.
This is a one (1) year contract position with an opportunity for renewal.
MaRS thanks all candidates; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, July 15th, 2011.
Recommended for you
Tim Masson Chief Steward and CEO, Ian Martin GroupTim Masson Chief Steward and CEO, Ian Martin Group
Kaveesh Padiachy Business Development Manager, Fair Trade Toronto
A glimpse into how far the fair trade industry has come in CanadaRead More ›
Katie Hill Social Investment Advisor, City of London Corporation
Social investment in Ontario is burgeoning and offers rich insights for other countries, reports the City of London’s social investment advisorRead More ›Katie Hill Social Investment Advisor, City of London Corporation