Is the SIB model the right tool to fund a Housing First intervention that provides support for homeless individuals with mental illness in Ontario?Read More ›
Canadian Delegation at SOCAP 11
Social Capital Markets 2011 (San Francisco Sept 6, 7, 8, and 9) marks the fourth year of the preeminent social finance conference globally. The event brings together 1200+ leading thinkers and practitioners from across North America and abroad to discuss trends and opportunities tied to fields of impact investing, social entrepreneurship and social innovation. This year, themes cover social innovation design, capital and philanthropy (themes outlined below).
The conference also provides an opportunity for Canadian delegates to connect, share, and brainstorm ways to develop the social finance market north of the border. In past years, it has been customary for delegates to enjoy organized dinners, networking events and workshop sessions while participating in the conference. This year will be no different.
Socialfinance.ca, colleagues at MaRS Discovery District and SiG are pleased to invite you to participate in the 3rd annual Canada Day at the Social Capital Markets conference.
Conference Date: Sept 6-9, 2011
Canada Night: Sept 7: 6-9pm (includes dinner)
Canada Day: Sept 9: 8:30-11:30am (work session)
Like past years, participants in Canada Day @ SoCap11 will include a cross-section of government, finance, philanthropy, and social enterprise professionals.
Registration includes refreshments, dinner at a local San Francisco restaurant, the meeting space, and all applicable taxes. All fees are non-refundable. To register for Canada Day @ SoCap11, payment in full needs to be received on or before August 15th, 2011.
To register, please visit: http://canadadaysocap11.eventbrite.com
Please note, each delegate is responsible for organizing and paying for:
- Social Capital Markets 2011 registration fees – 25% off promo code: SocialFinance25
- Airfare to and from in San Francisco as well as accommodation.
- Travel to and from Canada Day @ SoCap11 meeting space.
A finalized agenda will be distributed in mid-August. Please be in touch with Nabeel Ahmed of SocialFinance.ca, who is assisting with the organization of Canada Day, if you have any questions or suggestions.
2011 Conference themes:
- Design for Social Innovation / The design for social innovation track will cover tools and stories related to system, service, product and business design.b / A look at how the masses are advancing a movement around democratic capital, whether monetary or alternative capital. Let’s learn from failures, size the market, validate a category, and understand how behavior is changing on AND off-line.
- Green 2.0: Sustaining People and Planet / Addressing an urgent and expansive opportunity to affect change as industries wake to a finite planet. Let’s dive deep to learn from challenges and celebrate successes in agro-ecology, extractive practices, effective eco-systems services and conservation for all living things.
- Money, Meaning, and Impact / Major players in the philanthropic, corporate and government arena all hold roles in moving money towards meaning. Let’s explore collaborative intersections, and discuss our opportunity and responsibility to leverage social capital as political capital in an election year.
- Technology: Inclusive and Investible / – Where technology and anthropology meet to innovate for health, mobile, water, and transportation services to create technologies that provide stability and investibility.
- Polycentric Solutions: Local in the World / Building social capital infrastructure to support locally implemented, urban and rural solutions on a global scale. Let’s bridge the divide between the developing and developed world, and learn from one another from the U.S. South to the Middle East.
Recommended for you
Samer Abughannam Senior Associate and Social Impact Bond Lead, MaRS Centre for Impact InvestingSamer Abughannam Senior Associate and Social Impact Bond Lead, MaRS Centre for Impact Investing
Emilia Dallman Creator, INTERSECT & BDes, Fashion Communication
Where social enterprise, design & innovation intersectRead More ›
Katie Gibson Community Finance Solutions Manager, MaRS Centre for Impact Investing
Join us at the 2014 Social Finance Forum’s CFS Lab, bringing together cutting edge innovators & top-notch advisors!Read More ›Katie Gibson Community Finance Solutions Manager, MaRS Centre for Impact Investing