10 tips for social entrepreneurs to master the critical friends-and-family round of venture financing, which may be the only round they’ll ever raiseRead More ›
SocialFinance.ca is Recruiting: Two Volunteer Assistant Editors Required
Are you interested in supporting social entrepreneurs? Do you want to play a role in the emergence of impact investing? Are you interested in gaining industry-leading knowledge – and playing a role in disseminating it?
SocialFinance.ca is looking for two qualified individuals to share responsibility for the position of Volunteer Assistant Editor from February to March 2012. The candidates should have strong written communication skills, an intuitive understanding of how to leverage social media, and a strong interest in the field of social finance.
The Volunteer Assistant Editors will be asked to commit approximately 4-7 hours of work per week, performed remotely and on their own schedules. Please note that Assistant Editors will be asked to visit the MaRS Centre for Impact Investing for meetings on a biweekly basis. The successful candidates will help the Managing Editor source, edit, and distribute compelling content across SocialFinance.ca’s online presence.
8 weeks, February to March 2012.
The Volunteer Assistant Editors are key members of SocialFinance.ca’s editorial team and will share responsibility for:
- Engaging the SocialFinance.ca community through the main website and by fostering discussion through our presence on social networks;
- Communicating directly with SocialFinance.ca writers to source high-quality, exciting, and relevant contributions;
- Ensuring SocialFinance.ca’s online presence is accurate and up-to-date, making necessary revisions as required; and
- Overseeing self-directed projects that result in outstanding written, visual, or audio content.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following characteristics:
- A strong personal and professional interest in social finance and impact investing
- Excellent research, written and communication skills
- Previous experience in writing and editing
- An understanding of social media and online community engagement
- Basic knowledge of social entrepreneurship, economics and finance; and, most importantly,
- Integrity, confidence, and flexibility.
Brownie points for being able to play 5 musical instruments at once.
Please email a cover letter, writing sample, or resume by 5:00pm ET, Monday, January 16th to the attention of:
Managing Editor, SocialFinance.ca
(If you do not have an existing writing sample, you may include a 500-word essay on the relevance of impact investing in Canada.)
Photo credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tpapi/5077489892/
Recommended for you
Aron Solomon Senior Advisor, Education Technology: MaRS Discovery DistrictAron Solomon Senior Advisor, Education Technology: MaRS Discovery District
Fergal Byrne Founder, Inspiring Social Entrpreneurs
Profiling Jacaranda Health, a social enterprise providing affordable, high-quality maternal and child health care services to poor urban women in KenyaRead More ›Fergal Byrne Founder, Inspiring Social Entrpreneurs
Cheryl Dahle Founder, Future of Fish
Companies committing to buy better fish is important. But what are the next steps of engagement for next generation leaders?Read More ›