Move over HOV lanes, Toronto-based social enterprises are the next big news related to the Toronto Pan Am/Parapan Am Games 2015Read More ›
A Summer of SocialFinance.ca: Looking for Two Volunteer Assistant Editors
Are you interested in supporting initiatives that do good? Do you want to play a role in mobilizing social finance – driving money so that it has a positive social impact? Are you interested in gaining industry-leading knowledge – and playing a role in disseminating it?
SocialFinance.ca is looking for two qualified individuals to share responsibility for the position of Volunteer Assistant Editor from June to September 2012. The candidates should have strong written communication skills, comfort in the world of online media, and an interest in social finance and impact investing.
The Volunteer Assistant Editors will be asked to commit approximately 4-7 hours of work per week, performed remotely and on their own schedules. Please note that Assistant Editors will be asked to visit the MaRS Centre for Impact Investing for meetings on a biweekly basis. The successful candidates will help the Managing Editor source, edit, and distribute compelling content across SocialFinance.ca’s online presence.
12 weeks, June to September 2012.
The Volunteer Assistant Editors are key members of SocialFinance.ca’s editorial team and will share responsibility for:
- Engaging the SocialFinance.ca community through the main website and by fostering discussion through our presence on social networks;
- Communicating directly with SocialFinance.ca writers to source high-quality, exciting, and relevant contributions;
- Ensuring SocialFinance.ca’s online presence is accurate and up-to-date, making necessary revisions as required; and
- Overseeing self-directed projects that result in outstanding written, visual, or audio content.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Excellent research, written and communication skills;
- A strong interest in social finance and impact investing;
- Previous experience in writing and editing online;
- An understanding of online media;
- Basic knowledge of social entrepreneurship, economics and finance; and, most importantly,
- Integrity, confidence, and flexibility.
Brownie points for being able to score a hole-in-one. On a weekly basis.
Please email a cover letter, writing sample, or resume by 5:00pm ET, Monday, May 28th to the attention of:
Managing Editor, SocialFinance.ca
(If you do not have an existing writing sample, you may include a 500-word essay on the relevance of impact investing.)
Photo credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/stickergiant/4538570185/