Last year was a big one globally for outcomes finance, with 12 new projects launched in 2015. The model was applied in new areas, such as healthcare and higher education, and strong results came from the U.K. and Australia. With such a fast moving field, it’s crucial we take time to reflect on how we […]Read More ›
SocialFinance.ca Is Recruiting Assistant Editors This Fall
Are you interested in business as unusual? Do you want to support new ways of addressing the challenges of today and tomorrow? Look no further – we’re here to introduce you to a growing industry that is dedicated to creating not only financial, but also social and environmental value. This is a great opportunity in gaining industry-leading knowledge – and playing a role in disseminating it!
SocialFinance.ca is looking for three qualified individuals to share responsibility for the position of Volunteer Assistant Editor from October to December 2012. The candidates should have strong written communication skills, comfort in the world of online media, and an interest in social finance and impact investing.
The Volunteer Assistant Editors will be asked to commit approximately 4-7 hours of work per week, performed remotely and on their own schedules. Please note that Assistant Editors based in the GTA will be asked to visit the MaRS Centre for Impact Investing for meetings on a biweekly basis. The successful candidates will help the Managing Editor source, edit, and distribute compelling content across SocialFinance.ca’s online presence.
Approximately 12 weeks, October to December 2012.
The Volunteer Assistant Editors are key members of SocialFinance.ca’s editorial team and will share responsibility for:
- Engaging the SocialFinance.ca community through the main website and by fostering discussion through our presence on social media;
- Communicating directly with SocialFinance.ca writers to source high-quality, exciting, and relevant contributions;
- Ensuring SocialFinance.ca’s online presence is accurate and up-to-date, making necessary revisions as required; and
- Overseeing self-directed projects that result in outstanding written, visual, or audio content.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Excellent research, written and communication skills;
- A strong interest in social finance and impact investing;
- Previous experience in writing and editing online;
- An understanding of online media;
- Basic knowledge of social entrepreneurship, economics and finance; and, most importantly,
- Integrity, confidence, and flexibility.
We prefer candidates who can direct and edit full-fledged films using 1965 film cameras. In at least three different languages.
Please email a cover letter, writing sample, or resume by 5:00pm ET, Monday, September 24 to the attention of:
Managing Editor, SocialFinance.ca
(If you do not have an existing writing sample, you may include a 500-word essay on the relevance of impact investing.)
Photo credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/aka_kath/305101092/