Attention self-motivated entrepreneurs in the GTA: The Entrepreneur’s Toolkit Workshops Intensive Program will be starting at MaRS in September!Read More ›
Volunteer Opportunity: SSE-O Steering Committee
School for Social Entrepreneurs – Ontario (SSE-O) is looking for highly ambitious, connected, and talented individuals to join their Steering Committee and help shape the strategic direction of SSE-O.
With a mission to catalyze transformative social change by providing action-based and practical learning for social entrepreneurs across Canada, SSE-O is one of the newest affiliates in an international network of schools first founded in London, England in 1997. We officially launched in 2012 and saw our first group of students graduate from the Social Entrepreneurship Fellowship (SEF) in May 2013. Based on the success of the first cohort, we will begin our second cohort of SEF in Winter 2014 as well as launch a Social Intrapreneurship Fellowship (SIF) in Spring 2014, while developing the long-term strategic direction of SSE-O.
ABOUT THE STEERING COMMITTEE
SSE-O’s Steering Committee will guide the strategic direction of the organization and where possible contribute to the operations of the organization, including fundraising, program design, community outreach, and mentoring. We are looking for a diverse committee made up of individuals representing all from across private, public, and community sectors with experiences in key content areas such as legal, accounting, fundraising, entrepreneurship, and adult education.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF STEERING COMMITTEE MEMBERS
Steering Committee Members will be expected to commit to:
- Steering Committee meetings (2-3 hours) every two months to be held in accessible locations in downtown Toronto
- One (1) to two (2) year term as a Steering Committee member
- Active participation in subcommittee contributing 5 hours/month of operational support including: fundraising, networking, strategic plan review, and governance management.
We are looking for a diverse array of candidates with:
- senior leadership experience in the corporate, government, social enterprise, and non-profit sectors
- a breadth of skills and in-depth experience in one major content area (e.g. legal, accounting, fundraising, education, entrepreneurship, etc.)
- a passion for social entrepreneurship and learning;
- prior experience on boards and steering committees (preferred).
If you are interested in meeting with SSE-O to discuss this opportunity, please send an email with your resume and a statement of your interest in the position to our Interim Director, Miles DePaul, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will accept applications on an ongoing basis and will follow-up with all applicants prior to finalizing our selections.
Recommended for you
Conrad McDonald Associate, Entrepreneurship Programs: MaRS Discovery District
Melinda Jacobs Co-Founder, SURGE Taiwan
Some tips for employers and job seekers to find success in the social impact job marketRead More ›
Jared Walker Managing Editor, SocialFinance.ca
Alterna is seeking applicants to its Business Development Fellowship Program!Read More ›