WWF Canada Posting: Senior Officer, Conservation Finance
WWF Canada is seeking applications for their Senior Officer, Conservation Finance role!
Position: Senior Officer, Conservation Finance
Reporting to: Vice President, Conservation & Atlantic
Posting Date: January 29, 2014
Closing Date: February 14, 2014
WWF, the global conservation organization, is one of the world’s largest and most respected independent conservation organizations. WWF has a global network active in over 100 countries with almost 5 million supporters.
WWF’s mission is to stop the degradation of the earth’s natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature, by conserving the world’s biological diversity, ensuring that the use of renewable natural resources is sustainable, and promoting the reduction of pollution and wasteful consumption.
The Senior Officer, Conservation Finance will develop a business case and leverage capital to facilitate the implementation of fisheries sustainability projects in Canada. Reporting to the Vice President Conservation & Atlantic, the successful candidate will work closely with WWF’s conservation and business teams based in Canada and around the world as a member of WWF’s Global Smart Fishing Initiative. The Senior Officer will be responsible for managing the development of a new fisheries financing initiative, with particular focus on developing and executing the business plan, securing financing, collaborating with advisors and partners, and managing talent and resources.
Business Plan Development & Implementation
- Prepare, refine, and implement the detailed business plan for a proposed Investment Fund for sustainable fisheries, including financial modeling, budgets, and timelines, working with direction from the Vice President Conservation & Atlantic and in close collaboration with our partners at the MaRS Centre for Impact Investing.
Expert Advisor Coordination
- Work closely with expert advisors (legal, financial, regulatory, investment, fisheries stakeholders) to implement and as necessary modify the business plan.
Corporate and Securities Regulations Management & Compliance
- With the support of the WWF-Canada team, partners, and advisors, navigate relevant corporate and securities regulations to ensure compliance with provincial and federal legal requirements as a capital markets entity.
- Working with the Development Team at WWF-Canada, secure the funding that will move projects through the spectrum from philanthropic funding to investment capital.
Communications and Investor Relations
- Working with the Communications Team, develop and implement a communications strategy to attract potential investors and raise public profile of the initiative.
Overall Management and Reporting
- Review project plans quarterly, develop and secure approval for annual budgets and provide overall financial management and reporting.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Combination of relevant academic background and experience in finance and investing
- Experience with business plan development and financial modeling
- Demonstrated knowledge, experience, or expertise in food systems or fisheries is considered an asset
- Financial accreditation is considered an asset (e.g. CFA, CSC, CA)
- Strong commitment to principles of social, economic, and environmental justice
- Ability to work independently
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills and exceptional collaboration attributes
- Entrepreneurial and creative mindset
- Ability to work with stakeholders ranging from community organizations and harvesters to corporate executives and high net worth individuals.
- This is a one year contract position (with a potential for renewal)
- This position may be based in one of WWF’s offices located in Toronto, Halifax or St. John’s depending on the suitability and preference of the successful candidate.
- There will be national and international travel as part of this role.
How to Apply:
A resume and cover letter referencing “SOC234” and your salary expectations should be directed to CAemail@example.com by: February 14, 2014. Please reference the position title in the subject line.
WWF-Canada is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and aboriginal peoples that are legally eligible to work in Canada.
Given the volume of applications received, we request that you do not follow up your application with a phone call. We will contact only those candidates selected for interviews and thank all applicants for their interest in WWF-Canada.