Companies committing to buy better fish is important. But what are the next steps of engagement for next generation leaders?Read More ›
Webinar: What’s the Deal? SIB Investor Insights
Join us on June 12, 2014 at 10 AM (EDT) for “What’s the Deal?”, MaRS Centre for Impact Investing’s first SIB Investor Insights webinar.
The marketplace for social impact bonds (SIBs) is continuing to develop, as SIBs become recognized as instruments that can innovatively bring together investors, social-service providers and governments. Service providers are making progress in advancing their SIB business cases for their most promising interventions. Governments are taking steps in the procurement process for outcome contracts, exemplified by the Ontario Ministry of Economic Development, Trade and Employment’s recent call for SIB concepts and proposals. Most recently and very promisingly, the Government of Saskatchewan launched Canada’s first SIB in partnership with Conexus Credit Union and EGADZ Youth Centre.
With this flurry of recent activity as a backdrop, the MaRS Centre for Impact Investing is pleased to open up extensive engagement with investors on SIBs. To that end please join us on June 12, 2014 at 10 AM (EDT) for “What’s the Deal?”, our first SIB Investor Insights webinar.
This webinar will be moderated by Samer Abughannam, Senior Associate, MaRS Centre for Impact Investing and will welcome:
- Gianni Ciufo, Partner and National Leader, Infrastructure Advisory, Project Finance, Social Finance at Deloitte
- Andrew Levitt, Investment Director, Bridges Ventures
- Mila Lukic, Associate, Bridges Ventures
“What’s the Deal” will also:
- Introduce new investors to the conversation and provide an update on where the market is today.
- Summarize the findings of “Social Impact Bonds in Canada: Investor insights”, our recently released report in which MaRS Centre for Impact Investing and Deloitte collected viewpoints towards SIBs from a broad group of Canadian investors.
- Include sharing of experiences and best practices from SIB pioneer Bridges Ventures. Bridges has made investments in six SIBs in the UK, manages a SIB-dedicated fund, and has $600M in total impact assets under management.
Register now and we’ll see you on June 12th!
Recommended for you
Cheryl Dahle Founder, Future of Fish
Aaron Wytze Wilson and Ivan Peng Researchers & Analysts, SURGE Taiwan
In an era of big data, and data analytics, where does the social innovation sector fit in?Read More ›Aaron Wytze Wilson and Ivan Peng Researchers & Analysts, SURGE Taiwan
Adam Spence Associate Director, MaRS Centre for Impact Investing / Founder, SVX
Mark January 24, 2012 in your calendar as the date when impact investing went mainstream in CanadaRead More ›Adam Spence Associate Director, MaRS Centre for Impact Investing / Founder, SVX