Registration is now open for Canada’s only week-long, intensive executive-learning Academy focused on Social Finance and Impact Investing, jointly designed and hosted by the Queen’s School of Business (QSB) Centre for Social Impact and the MaRS Centre for Impact Investing.Read More ›
Job Posting: Analyst/Associate, New Market Funds
New Market Funds is now hiring an analyst or associate!
About New Market Funds
New Market Funds is a specialized fund manager, based in Vancouver (Canada), which invests to deliver market competitive financial performance with community benefit. The company develops impact investment opportunities for foundations and other investors and provides strong community based non-profits and blended value businesses with access to investment capital.
This is an exceptional opportunity to be involved at an early stage as part of a growing impact investment management firm.
As in a small early stage venture, all team members will play many roles. Core activities for the Analyst/Associate include:
- Intensive deal and fund level financial modelling
- Preparing initial marketing materials
- Transaction analysis and due diligence
- Tracking prospective investor/pipeline databases
- Coordinating and participating in prospective investor/pipeline presentations -Responding to investor due diligence queries
- Closing and documentation
- Ongoing investor and regulatory reporting
Preferred Qualifications and Competencies
- An undergraduate or graduate degree with an outstanding academic track record, preferably in business or finance
- 2 to 5 years additional related direct finance/investment experience
- Unquestioned integrity, discipline, and humility
- Strong demonstrated interest in impact investing
- Process-oriented; exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
- Exceptional work ethic and a self-starter
- Ability to be consistently timely with responsiveness to requests/inquiries
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and inter-personal skills
- Innovative thinker who is willing to ask questions when further instruction is necessary
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and Power-Point; experience with Salesforce desirable
All prospective applicants are asked to please provide a covering letter, resume and undergraduate/graduate level transcripts by no later than July 11, 2014, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that applications will be evaluated in advance of the deadline.