Wrapping up a two-part series highlighting the achievements of CFS clients on the program’s 1st birthday!Read More ›
Job Posting: Business Development Contractor, Community Social Planning Council
Vancouver Island Community Investment Co-operative is now seeking a Business Development Contractor!
Communities throughout Canada are increasingly turning to new community-based and social finance solutions to meet pressing community needs for affordable housing development, job creation and community/social enterprise development. Locally, the Community Council has developed the Vancouver Island Community Investment Co-operative that will raise capital through an RRSP eligible vehicle available to investor-members. The Co-operative will raise capital from the community through regular issues to the public, through an Offering Memorandum.
We are seeking a driven, collaborative and community-focused Business Development contractor to help us finalize our business model and issue our first offering to the public in 2015.
As the Business Development contractor you will:
- Work with the Co-op’s Board to advance the business case for Vancouver Island Community Investment Co-operative
- Complete business planning to ensure that offerings are responsive to fund context and financial constraints
- Promote investing opportunities in the co-operative to potential early stage investors
- Develop and negotiate cost-sharing, co-promotion and working partnerships with potential partner organizations and funds
- Identify a first slate of local investment projects and negotiate investment deals with these potential borrowers/fund clients
- Develop the initial offering and Offering Memorandum available to accredited and non-accredited investors for early January 2015
- Manage the marketing and engagement with initial offering
- Ensure all reporting and documentation is completed according to timelines
Skills and Expertise
- Previous investment and/or banking experience, preferably in social or community-based finance initiatives
- Strong grasp of BC securities environment and regulations
- Passionately and committedly community-driven with a deep commitment to community-based and social finance
- Strong local networks with potential investors, organizational stakeholders, and housing and community enterprise developers
- Strong networks with social finance, community loan and social investing initiatives
- Start date: Immediately
- Term: Up to one year, potential to renew
- Contract value: Commensurate with experience
- Reports to: Community Council Executive Director
Applicants should provide a letter of application and CV, including contract and compensation expectations, addressed to the Executive Director. Please email to email@example.com with subject line Community Investment Fund- Business Developer before Friday, July 4, 2014.
The Council works to improve the quality of life for all residents of the Capital Region of BC through research, planning and action on four priorities: Affordable housing; poverty reduction and prevention; community economic development, and; community sustainability. The Council works on the principles of asset-based community development and social inclusion.
The Council is an equal opportunity employer and strives for a fair, cooperative, respectful and safe environment that protects and promotes the human rights and affirms the dignity of all persons. The Council is committed to the principle of equal access to employment and term-specific contractual opportunities and welcomes submissions from diverse backgrounds. For more information visit www.communitycouncil.ca