Last year was a big one globally for outcomes finance, with 12 new projects launched in 2015. The model was applied in new areas, such as healthcare and higher education, and strong results came from the U.K. and Australia. With such a fast moving field, it’s crucial we take time to reflect on how we […]Read More ›
Job Posting: Senior Consultant, Purpose Capital
Purpose Capital is now hiring a Senior Consultant!
Purpose Capital is seeking a Senior Consultant to play a lead role in its Investment Advisory practice, and to manage and grow an internationally competitive business. Reporting to a Director, this individual will be deeply involved in managing the Investment Advisory practice, including leading client projects and business development, and delivering on the strategic priorities of the practice.
About Purpose Capital
Purpose Capital is an impact investment advisory firm that mobilizes all forms of capital — financial, physical, human and social — to accelerate social progress.
Through our Investment Advisory practice, Purpose Capital guides and supports investors as they strive to integrate impact considerations across their portfolios. We work with clients to understand their investment approach, clarify impact parameters, and determine impact themes. We examine a client’s portfolio approach and how impact investing is integrated into, and complements, a balanced portfolio.
We currently advise some of the leading foundations, private investors, financial institutions and social finance intermediaries in the country. We have published market-leading research, and contribute regularly to market-building activities.
We are seeking a highly entrepreneurial individual to join our team, with responsibility for managing and growing the Investment Advisory practice, including:
- Lead and manage client engagements from end to end, including accountability for client deliverables, processes, budgeting and staff
- Identify and secure prospective clients within the impact investing, financial and philanthropic sectors in North America and globally
- Refine and communicate the firm’s service offerings and market positioning to new networks and partners
- Develop and implement strategic priorities and collaborative projects in conjunction with the Applied Innovation practice
The ideal candidate will have the following professional qualifications:
- Strong commitment, knowledge and experience in impact investing, financial services, and philanthropy (preferably across more than one of these sectors)
- Experience working with a range of investors such as families, high net worth individuals, foundations and financial institutions
- Knowledge and awareness of the motivations, needs and practices of financial and/or philanthropic intermediaries such as fund managers, financial advisors, investment consultants, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and/or manage client engagements, including accountability for client deliverables, budgeting and staff
- Track record of business development and relationship management, including individual and institutional relationships and networks
- Detailed understanding of and/or experience in financial advisory and portfolio management is a strong asset, as is consulting experience
- Strong project management and organizational skills, including managing a team, and working with a range of clients and/or stakeholder groups
- Exceptional written, communication, and presentation skills
- Undergraduate degree required; Masters degree and relevant certifications (CFA, CFP, etc.) strongly preferred
The ideal candidate will also have the following personal and professional characteristics:
- Passion for harnessing all forms of capital to accelerate social progress
- High energy and engaging, with a good sense of humour
- Comfort in a fast-paced, evolving and self-directed working environment
- Independent work style, and a high level of comfort with cross-functional teams
- Ability to effectively and efficiently prioritize among competing demands
- Deep interest in educating, training and mentoring junior staff of the firm
- Humility and a deep interest in continuous learning
- Ability to integrate into a small, closely-knit team that strives to work together and support the development of all its members
- A full-time position based in Toronto.
- The anticipated start date is October 1st, 2014.
- This is a12-month contract that may be renewed, or convert to a permanent position, after the initial contract.
- Compensation is commensurate with experience, combining base salary and performance-based incentives, and includes health and dental coverage.
- Interested individuals should send a CV and cover letter in a single document to firstname.lastname@example.org by end of day September 12th, 2014.
- Please state “Senior Consultant Application” in the subject line of the email.
- Successful candidates will be contacted for interview. No phone calls please.