Job Opportunity: Senior Advisor, Public Policy, MaRS Centre for Impact Investing
The MaRS Centre for Impact Investing is looking for a Senior Advisor, Public Policy to lead public policy initiatives of the Centre to help enable advancement of the recommendations of the Canadian Task Force on Social Finance and strengthen the field of impact investing in Canada. Apply by March 27, 2013.
MaRS is searching for an outstanding candidate to join our small entrepreneurial team to work on emerging opportunities in the field of impact investing.
This person will have the following characteristics and attributes:
- an articulate communicator that can effectively convey the potential of impact investing in Canada to public policy stakeholders;
- relevant experience and/or education to lend credibility among key stakeholders, including bureaucrats and politicians
- a track record of success in public policy, ideally linked to the fields of mainstream finance, non-profit activities, or social innovation
- strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work with and engage a variety of stakeholders;
- an ability to motivate colleagues and key influencers around priority policy areas;
- strategic and tactical thinker who understands the means and mechanisms to engage public policy stakeholders in driving the development of the impact investing marketplace in Canada (in both the short and long term);
- an ability to operate in a fast-moving landscape at a local, regional, national, and global level;
- proficiency in both official languages (French and English) considered an asset
- a graduate degree is preferred
The Senior Advisor, Public Policy, MaRS Centre for Impact Investing is responsible for the following activities and deliverables:
- develop and execute on core policy objectives determined by the Centre and the Task Force on Social Finance;
- provide direction and support to CII team, as well as various project teams on advancing their work in impact investing in regards to public policy stakeholders;
- engage internal and external advisors;
- work collaboratively with relevant stakeholder representatives from across the country in the government, finance, and community sectors;
- act as a global connector to impact investing public policy leaders;
- develop partnerships to support the sustainability of the Centre, including philanthropic contributions, grants and contributions from government, and earned revenue activities;
- provide thought leadership on impact investing through presentations and blog posts to the local and global community;
- and other duties as assigned.
This is a one-year, full-time, salaried position with an opportunity for renewal. The Senior Advisor, Public Policy reports directly to the Director, MaRS Centre for Impact Investing
This position is based at the MaRS Centre in Toronto. Although most of the work will be carried out in Toronto, travel may be required.
Potential applicants should contact Adam Jagelewski at the MaRS Centre for Impact Investing for further information about the position. Adam can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. This posting will close March 27th, 2013
MaRS Discovery District (Twitter: @MaRSDD) is a mission-driven innovation centre located in Toronto. MaRS works with partners to catalyze, accelerate and amplify innovation. MaRS supports entrepreneurs building Canada’s next generation of growth companies.
About the MaRS Centre for Impact Investing (CII)
Building upon the foundational work of the Canadian Task Force on Social Finance and Social Innovation Generation (SiG), the MaRS Centre for Impact Investing is a strategic program of MaRS and the leading national hub dedicated to advancing impact investing in Canada. It acts as a neutral collaboration space where impact entrepreneurs, non-profit organizations, governments, and investors get the help they need to advance initiatives, strengthening our collective ability to mobilize private capital for public good.